Sunday 1 February 2009

Ooh, Arrr!

I'm really liking the idea of a Pirate game.
It would be colourful, exciting and could be quite 'nifty'.

I had a look at the games below and I gotta say I didn't like any of them much. Either they were far too involved for there own good, making little ol' me lose interest almost straight away or the 'cleverness' of them made them almost unplayable.
Out of the below games I think I like 'Fancy Pants' and the Ninja game the most. I liked the look and feel of Ninja but the controls didn't do it for me.

Another site is not doppler which updates with new games every Thursday.
I've just had a look at Stoneage Sam and I must say it's this type of format that I personally enjoy. I like the cartoony images and it looks like a fun game. The controls of this game are a little mystifying and I'm sure the coding of this game would be immense but it's got potential.
We could take the basic look of this game and use it for the Pirate Game (if we decide on Pirates that is) and make it colourful, fun and quirky.
I've got some ideas about the Pirate game but I think it's best if we meet up at some point to discuss any ideas that come to the table.

I'm going to be out of action this week as I have an operation on Tuesday morning (think of me won't ya). I'll be in contact though. Perhaps we could meet at my flat during the week? I'll make you coffee and stuff OR there is a cute little pub on the corner which could be good.

2 comments:

  1. Im sorry to hear you didn't like the games.

    to be honest I think I liked them because I liked them, rather then what ideas I could get from them.

    the not doppler site seems to be down at the mo so I shall cheack back on that laters.

    seeing as you have done this before andrew, what do you think is possible, as in types of gameplay and controls?

    hope your time at the hospital goes well and that it is not too serious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No hospital for me at the moment.
    Time for a chinwag?

    ReplyDelete